[U-Boot-Users] ethact, ethprim and NET_MULTI

vb vb at vsbe.com
Fri Mar 9 23:49:27 CET 2007

Wolfgang,

what happens if all interfaces are failing - does it come back to
ethprime after trying them all and stops or does it keep trying until
stopped by the operator with an arbitrary interface as the current
one?

That seemed to have happened to me: I tried using an interface, it did
not work, I went to see what happened, turned out the hub was down,
but after I brought the hub back online the thing still didn't work -
why - another interface became "current"!

Also, in some situations it is harmful to expose internal IP addresses
on an external network - but u-boot would never have a second though
about it :-)

cheers,
vadim