[U-Boot-Users] [GIT-PULL][Blackfin] Please pull http://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-blackfin.git
wd at denx.de
Sat Mar 10 22:20:22 CET 2007
In message <27d85ee10703101025l126aede9r955ae2341ba0049 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> I guess I'm using the out-of-date toolchain. What arm toolchain are you using?
We use ELDk 4.1, of course.
Yes, GCC-3.4.x is known to have caused issues in many cases before.
Try to avoid it.
> relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PLT32 __div0
Seems your toolchain is broken, i. e. GCC cannot find it's own
> Well, MAKEALL blackfin has no building problem. I still don't
> understand why blackfin Makefile can make arm building fails. They are
> different architecture, they were supposed to not impact each other.
> If that's true, Can I report a u-boot bug?
You break the feature of using the O=... option on the make command
line, or use the "BUILD_DIR" environment variable. Using this feature
means that all files generated during this build are put into a
different directory, so your current source directory tree will not
contain any new, generated files.
> As my latest commit and git push, I think copyright and coding style
> issues should be fixed. Please let me know if there still has any
> problems. Thanks a lot.
Argh... I really don't have the time to check and clean up your code.
You are supposed to do that.
You still have coding style issues at least in the following files:
Trailing white space: cpu/bf533/flush.S, cpu/bf533/init_sdram.S,
Indentation not by TABs: include/configs/bf533-stamp.h
A few more comments:
* I object to adding "rm -f $(obj)board/bf*/u-boot.lds" to the top
level Makefile. You don't know who might be using a board name of
* cpu/bf533/cache.S: please leave labels unindented, i. e. undo things
* cpu/bf533/cache.S: please fix indentation of comments, i. e. undo
things like this:
- /* Clear the IMC bit , All valid bits in the instruction
- * cache are set to the invalid state
+ * Clear the IMC bit , All valid bits in the instruction
+ * cache are set to the invalid state
+ BITCLR(R7, IMC_P);
* Don't remove comments that might be useful, like here:
- SSYNC; /* SSYNC required before writing to IMEM_CONTROL. */
* cpu/bf533/serial.c - Please undo your changes to the * declaration
of DECLARE_GLOBAL_DATA_PTR. Leave it at file global scope as it
was, or you will run into problems with more recent tolchains. In
general, don't change things without need!
* cpu/bf533/serial.c - we recently discussed to introduce a sync()
macro definition - please use this generic name instead of directly
calling things like __builtin_bfin_ssync()
* include/asm-blackfin/io.h - Why do you delete the (to me good
looking) definition of sync() and replace it with an empty
* include/asm-blackfin/page.h - it seems you delete the definition of
BUG() but continue to use it in PAGE_BUG() ?
* include/asm-blackfin/u-boot.h - here you change only white space,
and your don't make it better - instead, you break formatting
(indentation of comment on bi_baudrate). Please don't change
existing files in such a way.
* lib_blackfin/board.c - don't define things like pr_debug(); please
use the existing debug() macro instead.,
Please note that above list of files are usually only examples - I
mention problems only when I run into them the first time; many of
them are actually present in several files. Please check all your
DENX Software Engineering GmbH, HRB 165235 Munich, CEO: Wolfgang Denk
Office: Kirchenstr. 5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Why is an average signature file longer than an average Perl script??
More information about the U-Boot