[U-Boot-Users] Sign-off policy

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Mar 12 16:00:38 CET 2007

On 3/12/07, Ben Warren <bwarren at qstreams.com> wrote:
> Wolfgang,
>
> I apologize in advance for not knowing more about this.
>
> Do you want custodians to add a 'signed-off-by' to patches (via the
> --signoff switch to 'git-am').  I assume yes, since it adds
> traceability, but of course I don't want to imply authorship for
> somebody else's hard work.

Yes, we've pretty much adopted the Linux kernel signoff policy

Reviews should reply on the mailing list with 'Acked-by' lines

Wherever possible, original authors should sign off their patches also

Commits should show original author in the 'author' field and include
all sign off/ack lines.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.