[U-Boot-Users] MPC8272 Family

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 15 00:18:24 CET 2007

In message <45F8784B.901 at conspiracy.net> you wrote:

> use them as they build with these chips.  So I am looking for an opinion
> as to which strategy to use:
> Put the #ifdefs in
> Put the new options in without #ifdefs (a mpc8260 define changes the
> same bit as a mpc8272 one does)
> Duplicate the mpc8260.h into a mpc8272.h file
> or split out the processor specific sections into a separate include and
> have a single ifdef in the mpc8260.h that includes the right one.
> Or maybe no one is interested in these changes, I am open to suggestions.

We already support other MPC8272 based systems.  They  did  not  need
such changes. What am I missing?

> Also this platform has two processors (core disabled on the second one)
> and was wondering if anyone was interested in supporting more than one
> iop_conf_tab in the system.  Right now the functions that set up the CPM

Sure - if it's done in a clean way.

> interest I can also clean up these changes and send them up.  Or did
> slave processors go out of vogue with the 68360.

I know only a single customer who did this (1 x MPC860 + 3 x  68360),
but this predates U-Boot and Embedded Linux by a couple of years.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He'd been wrong, there _was_ a light at the end of the tunnel, and it
was a flamethrower.                         - Terry Pratchett, _Mort_