[U-Boot-Users] CFI detection of erase regions incorrect on AT49BV162A

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Thu Mar 15 07:43:35 CET 2007

Kumar Gala wrote:
> I'm working with an Atmel AT49BV162A and noticed that the CFI code
> doesn't properly detection the erase regions for the device.
>
> Its a Bottom boot device and atmel (at least on this device) does
> swap the erase region information.
>
> I was wondering what the 'proper' way was to add some sort of fixup
> for this device so its regions are detected correctly.
>
> - k

Hi Kumar,

We do geometry reversal for AMD/Spansion style flash devices. Look for
"geometry_reversed" in the code.

The variable is set from CFI table but CFI 1.0 tables do not have the
appropriate information. :(

So, the geometry reversal decision is made as a guess from device id
(which could be wrong in which case you need to override the
geometry_reversed flag based on exact match of manufacturer_id and
device_id.

Let me know how it goes.

Tolunay