[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_HW_WATCHDOG in 1.1.6

Daniel Hobi dhobi at gmx.net
Tue Mar 20 09:52:53 CET 2007

On 20.03.2007 01:43, vb wrote:
> I am trying to enable hardware watchdog in version 1.1.6 on an 85xx
> based platform.
>
> I added CONFIG_HW_WATCHDOG definition to include/configs/<platform>.h
> and provided the hw_watchdog_reset() function. The image compiled and
> linked nicely, but once I run it in u-boot CLI (monitor) mode - it
> gets killed by the watchdog in no time.

The 85xx seems to support a timer interrupt based hardware watchdog
model by enabling CONFIG_WATCHDOG (note the difference to your define).
Have a look at these functions:

cpu/mpc85xx/interrupts.c: timer_interrupt
cpu/mpc85xx/cpu.c: reset_85xx_watchdog

Maybe these fit your need?

Best Regards,
Daniel