[U-Boot-Users] help for booting linux on a virtual platform

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Wed Mar 21 10:41:09 CET 2007

Dear Chinmay,

Chinmay Upadhyaya <chinmayu at CoWare.com> writes:

> i m a novice in virtual platform field n i ve to create a platform which
> is able to boot linux !!
> i m using an arm processor (ARM926EJ-S) .. on my platform .
> i need help from scratch ..
> my main problem is in configuring a boot-loader image (das u-boot) n a
> kernel image ...
> can anybody plz help me out ?

(It's a real PITA trying to read such crippled text) Anyway, what board
are you using? Is it supported? If not you will have to port it to your
hardware. But before you start, you should read the extensive
documentation:

 - The README file in the sources.

 - The DULG: http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual

Best regards