[U-Boot-Users] FW: New port Siemens SMN42 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 21 15:53:30 CET 2007

In message <27d85ee10703210748n53202b12w7e1c35c502a4fe5d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > AFAIK I cant construct branches on the U-Boot server.
> > I wanted to make a branch for each patch I was working with, so
> > users/testers could access them.
> > I can do that on our wiki server. So I made the tracking table there as
> > well.
> >
> That's a good question. So what is the right way to maintain patches
> which are not common enough to be committed into the master branch of
> the git repository, but they are really useful. It would be better to
> make them available to the user.

I see no principal problem why branches should not be possible.

You can give "pit push" a refspec as argument to select a specific
branch, and you can use "--all" to push all refs.

But I have to admit that I never tested this yet (which is  thereason
why I did not reply on Peter's remark yet).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
                                                      - Rich Kulawiec