[U-Boot-Users] [GIT]delete remote branch issue

Aubrey Li aubrey.adi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:12:42 CET 2007

Dear Wolfgang,

I've created a branch named "blackfin" on my git tree for test.
But now it's not useful for me anymore, so I want to delete it.
But I got the following error on my side.
-------------------
aubrey at ubuntu-feisty:~/upstream-uboot/u-boot-blackfin$ git-push
git+ssh://gu-blackfin@www.denx.de/u-boot-blackfin :blackfin
error: src refspec  does not match any.
fatal: unexpected EOF

And I got the following info from git v1.5.0 release notes

- git-push can now be used to delete a remote branch or a tag.
  This requires the updated git on the remote side (use "git
  push <remote> :refs/heads/<branch>" to delete "branch").

What did I miss or the git on the server need to be updated?

Best Regards,
-Aubrey