[U-Boot-Users] Creation of PCI USB driver

Markus Klotzbücher mk at denx.de
Fri Mar 23 18:02:33 CET 2007

Dear Lance,

Lance Ware <lancee.ware at gmail.com> writes:

> I wanted to add support for a USB OHCI NEC chip driver to the u-boot source
> code.  Wanted to know if anyone has started a port.  I have 405 board
> with a

If you search the archives, you'll find some posts of people working on
PCI USB drivers, but I don't think any patches have been posted yet.

> nec OHCI compliant chip.  I was thinking about using the current PPC4xx ohci
> driver and changing the read and write calls to pci calls. Just wanted to know
> does anyone else have a better idea

If you can avoid it, please try not to create a new OHCI driver. We're
currently trying to make the existing OHCI drivers generic by adding
board and cpu dependent hooks (see doc/README.generic_usb_ohci). Usually
very little cpu and board dependent code is necessary.

This code is currently still in the testing-USB branch (I'm in the
process of merging it to the new u-boot-usb repository right now) and
will sooner or later will be merged into the main branch. Maybe you can
find a clean way to add PCI USB support the generic driver?

Regards

Markus Klotzbücher