[U-Boot-Users] netconsole doesn't work if $(serverip) is assigned to ncip instead of hardcoded value

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 27 10:40:01 CEST 2007

In message <985507812.20070327122451 at rambler.ru> you wrote:

> When I assign 10.0.0.55 to ncip, netconsole functions ok. But when I
> assign 10.0.0.55 to serverip variable and ncip is equal to
> $(serverip), netconsole doesn't work. It still shows prompt to serial
> console after command "run nc" is issued (nc=setenv stdout nc;setenv
> stdin nc).

You must be doing something wrong. "ncip" and "serverip" are
completely unrelated.

Please provide a full log of your actions including your environment
settings.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is  at
hand."                                                   - James Watt