[U-Boot-Users] Running w/o flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 27 19:43:59 CEST 2007

In message <460950A1.1060306 at atmel.com> you wrote:

> You believe that the code ifdef'ed away is neccessary
> if you do not have any parallel flash?

No. The whole file is not compiled as it starts

	#if (CONFIG_COMMANDS & CFG_CMD_FLASH)

If you have no flash, you need no flash commands, so you don't define
CFG_CMD_FLASH and everything is fine.

> They are not unneccessary, they are the first patches
> of a set, which you are well aware that I would like to have
> merged with the mainline.

I'm not sure what you mean. But if there is no flash, we  don't  need
no flash commands either, no matter if these are empty or not. Agreed?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Systems programmers are the high priests of a low cult.
                                                       -- R.S. Barton