[U-Boot-Users] Running w/o flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 28 01:15:06 CEST 2007

Dear Ulf,

in message <022201c770c3$43d20740$01c4af0a at Glamdring> you wrote:

> Sorry, but I do not work in the Atmel AT91 Product Line
> and I believe that they are the ones that should develop this.
>
> However, They have already given up on you and are looking for an
> alternative solution.

I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anybody I could contact  to  try  to
sort out their problems with me?

> >From my point of view, the best approach is that Grant Applies
> my patches on his local tree and fixes the mess he has put us in.

Stop, please be fair. Grant is not to blame here.

The culprit is me. When the Dataflash  code  was  added,  I  did  not
really  know  what DataFlash is, and I did not take the time to study
the code thoroughly enough to understand all the implications. It was
my fault that this code was ever added to the U-Boot tree. If  I  had
raised my concerns earlier, all of this would have been much easier.

But I did not understand this then, and now we have the mess. But this
mess is my fault, not Grant's.

Grant is trying to help cleaning up.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Quote from the Boss... "I didn't say it was your fault.  I said I was
going to blame it on you."