[U-Boot-Users] How to add new flash support in Uboot code

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Tue May 1 19:14:32 CEST 2007

On 5/1/07, harsh poshtiwala <hiharsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> We are to use 512 MB Spansion NOR flash (Uniform Sector) on ARM926-EJS
> processor..
>
> Part number S29GL512P
>
> http://www.spansion.com/products/S29GL512P.html
>
> I have checked uboot source code(1.1.6) it doesn't support  this part.
>
> How can i make uboot functional for this part ?

Use the CFI flash support.  We use the following for S29GL128N in our
board config file.
you might have to tweak the values, but it should 'just work'.

/*
 * Flash Controller settings
 */
#define CFG_FLASH_CFI                   1
#define CFG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER            1
#define CFG_FLASH_CFI_AMD_RESET
#define CFG_FLASH_USE_BUFFER_WRITE      1
#define CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE               0x00020000
#define CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS             1
#define CFG_MAX_FLASH_SECT              256
#define CFG_FLASH_BASE                  0x10000000

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.