[U-Boot-Users] Flash Erase/Write error in uboot

Shiju Mathew mshiju at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:24:46 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-05 at 02:29 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <f3cea0230705011722q2a88618bg371fdd67eeed18c8 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >
> > I have a board with flash part S71WS256N. I was using CFI driver and
> > didn't had any problems programming the device. But from today I am
> > getting an unusual error while writing to flash sectors. It always gives
> > erase successful. But when I try to write data after erase, I get a
> > message that the flash is not erased. I use uboot-1.2. Below is the
> > debug message on running saveenv. Could someone help me to resolve this
> > problem.
>
> Is it correct to assume that this is just on one board? Seems your
> flash died. This happens.

The flash is not dead. I could flash uboot using RVI debugger without
any problem. Basically I load two uboot images onto RAM using RVI- one
to run from RAM and writes the second image to flash. This is always
succussfull. ONce the uboot is written to flash, and reboot the board, I
get the error that the "flash is not errased".
Today I tested with the top-of-git version. Still have the same problem.
Anyone have experienced this problem before.

Thanks,
Shiju