[U-Boot-Users] PXA27x USB device

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu May 3 10:29:38 CEST 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 09:49, Markus Klotzbücher wrote:
> Rodolfo Giometti <giometti at enneenne.com> writes:
> > I'm looking at drivers/usbdcore_mpc8xx.c for an implementation example
> > but I don't understand why such support has been put there instead of
> > cpu/mpc8xx directory.
> >
> > Can someone explain to me why? Should I put my PXA27x support also
> > there?
>
> I have no idea why this is so, but it does seem wrong to me. Platform
> specific code should go into the corresponding cpu/ directory, and so
> should your pxa support.
>
> Any objections?

We had a lengthy discussion about the right places for such drivers a few
months ago. IIRC the consent was to put them into the drivers directory
(please correct me, if my memory fails me here). But we wanted to structure
this directly better. So I would suggest something like:

drivers/usb/device/mpc8xx.c
drivers/usb/device/pxa27x.c

or even

drivers/usb/gadget/mpc8xx.c
drivers/usb/gadget/pxa27x.c

to follow the Linux example a little more.

Any comments?

Best regards,
Stefan