[U-Boot-Users] PXA27x USB device

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 7 21:58:21 CEST 2007

Dear Markus,

in message <87ejlssr7a.fsf at denx.de> you wrote:

> There are complete drivers in arch/ppc/8260_io or arch/ppc/8xx_io for
> example, but I agree you're right in general.

Historical reasons. Remember that we oncve stared with 8xx, and at
that time even Linux had the drivers in arch/ppc/8xx_io/

> > I still think we should move to implementing drivers in the drivers directory,
> > even if the responsibility for the files is not so easily visible anymore.
>
> Ok, if this is what was agreed upon I can live with it. (Don't get me
> wrong, I don't think this is a big mistake or so, I just fail to see any
> real benefit beside of beeing more Linux-like)

Both versionshave their pros and cons, so  doing  it  like  Linux  is
probably a reasonable thing.

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,    CEO: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Here is an Appalachian version of management's answer  to  those  who
are  concerned  with  the fate of the project: "Don't worry about the
mule. Just load the wagon."         - Mike Dennison's hillbilly uncle