[U-Boot-Users] PXA27x USB device

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Tue May 8 10:47:00 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 08:39:23AM +0200, Markus Klotzbücher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> writes:
> > in message <87ejlssr7a.fsf at denx.de> you wrote:
>
> >> Ok, if this is what was agreed upon I can live with it. (Don't get me
> >> wrong, I don't think this is a big mistake or so, I just fail to see any
> >> real benefit beside of beeing more Linux-like)
> >
> > Both versionshave their pros and cons, so  doing  it  like  Linux  is
> > probably a reasonable thing.
>
> Ok, then so it be.

So we should put there even on-chip devices supports? Like on-chip USB
OHCI controllers and USB devices?

> How shall we structure the drivers/usb/ directory? How about something
> like this:
>
> drivers/usb/host/
>
>         - generic and specific host controller drivers (ohci, uhci)
>
> drivers/usb/core/
>
>         - usb core logic
>
> drivers/usb/storage/
>
>         - storage class related code
>
> drivers/usb/input/
>
>         - e.g. keyboard support etc.

Since I'm working on USB device I think we need also:

drivers/usb/gadget/

	- usb gadget drivers

Also I think we should also move usbtty support there...

> As said before it needn't be done in one go, but just to make clear
> where usb stuff shall be placed from now on.

Currently I'm developing my PXA27x USB device support in
cpu/pxa/usbd.c file but as soon as the new tree structure is available
I can move it accordingly.

Ciao,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127