[U-Boot-Users] Unable to boot linux on ARM based board: gunzip hangs

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 10:28:22 CEST 2007

Hi,
I am trying to make Linux work on omap 850 based board which has an
ARM926EJS. I have u-boot ported and installed on it and minimal linux
support for the board is also there. The kernel image is in format
expected by u-boot and I have followed all the
needed steps like using mkimage etc. While uncompressing the linux
image the system hangs, in gunzip function which is defined in
inflate.c. No error is returned,
it just hangs. I have checked whether the image overwrites itself
after uncompression, but it does not since the addresses etc are given
appropriately. I am thinking may be the DDR SDRAM might not be
initialized properly (like refresh rate etc), but then how come u-boot
is running properly?

Any pointers?

-pharaoh.