[U-Boot-Users] CFI driver does not verify writes in buffered mode - feature?

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Mon May 14 05:05:24 CEST 2007

Detlev Zundel wrote:

> If I understand the code correctly then we would have to do a buffer
> read after a buffer write and compare the data, right?  I am not too
> fluent in working with CFI flashes so I would have to look up all
> details like can I simply read from flash after the program cycle or
> do I have to do things like take it out of command mode etc so I
> couldn't come up with a fix "after work".

There is an opportunity to do the verification at a higher level. This
would standardize verification after right copying of the block/segment
in cp command. What do you think? That would leave the driver
simplified. I am personally not too happy to generate interactive
messages from within the driver. Different flash drivers emit different
messages. A unified user experience would be better in my opinion...

Tolunay