[U-Boot-Users] about "flash extend data"

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 15 16:38:17 CEST 2007

In message <543552.25247.qm at web15605.mail.cnb.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> * flashDataExt - Extend Data.

What is this supposed to be? A patch submission? What would it be
useful for?

> *    Should be used only for FLASH CFI command sequence.

Shoulkd? Why? Where? How?

> *    MV_U32     - Data after extension.

MV_U32 is not a legal data type in U-Boot.

> MV_U32 flashDataExt( MV_FLASH_INFO *pFlash, MV_U32 data)

MV_U32 and MV_FLASH_INFO are not legal data types in U-Boot.

> {
>     MV_U32    i;
>     if(NULL == pFlash)
>         return 0xFFFFFFFF;

Bad indentation.

>     for(i = 0; i < pFlash->busWidth ; i+= pFlash->devWidth)
>     {
>         data |= data << 8*i;
>     }
>     return data;
> }

Bad brace style. Please check the Codung Style requirements. See
http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/CodingStyle

> This is the code of flash initialization in u-boot,i  am  not  sure
> what's use of the extend data.

This is definitely NOT code anywhere in the public U-Boot source tree.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
 The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.