[U-Boot-Users] Uboot Memory access violation

Shiju shiju.mathew at amd.com
Tue May 15 17:37:32 CEST 2007

Hello,
We have a new board based on imx31. I am trying to bring up uboot on the
board.I upload uboot through jtag using RVI debugger and run from RAM.
But uboot hangs after printing a few greeting messages.Sometimes it
could come till the uboot prompt. When I debug it on RVI, the error
message it gives is memory access vioaltion. I don't have a source level
degugging available right now. So I compare the disassembly from RVI to
the u-boot.map file. WHat I could find is that it fails while printing
to console(vsprintf.o).I could not exacly map to the correct line of
code. The uboot hangs when trying to branch to a location which is not
defined (BLNE 0x89533926). On my board the memory is mapped from
0x80000000 - 87FFFFFF. The uboot is based on the imx31 litekit patch
that was posted and it was working well on a imx31 freescale ADS.THe
memory map for our custom board is same as that of imx freescale ADS
board. But I am not sure why it branches to some undefined location.
Any help is appreciated.

THanks,
Shiju