[U-Boot-Users] CFG_MONITOR_BASE < CFG_FLASH_BASE

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 17 02:08:31 CEST 2007

In message <464B818F.60509 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> Yes, I have read it, but it doesn't really answer my question.  I'm not asking if I can
> boot from RAM, I'm asking why would someone think it could be done?  If anything, 14.2.1

It can be done. And in some situations it may even be the fastest way
to get a running system. But you have to  understand  *exactly*  what
you are doing.

> re-inforces my point: if booting from RAM doesn't make sense, why are so many board header
> files configured to enable it?

I cannot answer this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is  very,  very  good;
and when it is bad, it is better than nothing.         - Dick Brandon