[U-Boot-Users] Ideas on U-Boot configuration with FDT

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 21 21:38:53 CEST 2007

In message <4651E579.40905 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> > You totally lost me on that assertion.  What do you mean when you say
> > "macro commands?"
>
> It's a sequence of commands stored in an environment variable, executed via the "run" command.

That does not win you  anything  over  just  setting  an  environment
variable - you can maniopulate this later as you like anyway.

> I guess they're called hush scripts.

No. Hush (shell) scripts are  executed  by  the  hush  shell;  simple
command  /  variable  substitution  is also available with the simple
command line parser.

> I mean more flexible in that you can use a hush script to set that variable and do other
> things at boot time.

This is most probably much too late for the things needed -  you  can
do  such  things only after relocation to RAM, while WolfgangG. needs
access very early.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
PLEASE NOTE: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the Con-
sumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease  to  Exist
or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.