[U-Boot-Users] Xloader

Pete MacKay linux at architechnical.net
Wed May 23 07:44:53 CEST 2007

X-loader is for boards booting from the Samsung OneNAND flash chip.  You have
only 1K of RAM that's sucked out of the first NAND block's page 0 on power
up, so you have to bootstrap the boot loader.  You position u-boot at the 2K
boundary (page 1) of block 0.  X-loader's job is to initialize the RAM on
your board and copy the NAND pages containing u-boot into it and then branch
execution into the relocated u-boot reset vector in RAM.

Not many JTAG products support OneNAND, but I hear they're out there.

It sounds like you have a learning curve ahead of you, but I hope this
helps.  Check out my latest post on shoe-horning the x-loader function
directly into u-boot.  Good luck!