[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 23 14:59:56 CEST 2007

In message <002601c79d29$4da6de70$3125b10a at atmel.com> you wrote:

> Things are broken, because Wolfgang refuses patches fixing problems on
> AT91 on principle.

Nonsense.

Fix the known issues with your patches, submit these and get them
accepted by the ARM custodian. If they don't break general U-Boot
design criteria I will then just pull from the ARM repo.

But please fix the issues.

> Removing support will cause more work for people
> because the existing patches to make things work
> will have to be modified...
>
> What is the point of sabotaging others peoples efforts???

Instead of overwehemlimng everybody with a series of monster patches
that change change U-Boot inside out you could try submitting small,
isolated patches that fix the real problems step by step. If your
patches are orthogonal, you could get at lest 90% of your stuff merged
without any discussion, and then we could focus oin the remaining
difficult parts.

Just because others don't agree with you does not mean  the  sabotage
you. Robert Schwebel and others tried to explain this to you before.

If you cannot advance with brute force, try using diplomacy  instead.
Just insulting others is definitely not helpful.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Either one of us, by himself, is expendable.  Both of us are not.
	-- Kirk, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1