[U-Boot-Users] NAND and JFFS2

Matt Gessner mgessner at Avidyne.com
Wed May 23 16:14:09 CEST 2007

Hi, all,

I'm using 1.2.0 on an AT91RM9200, along with linux 2.6.20-2 w/ patches
from Maxim.

I'm looking for info on how compatible the JFFS2 stuff is between u-boot
and linux.

When I mount a partition (I have JFFS2 debugging turned on in the
kernel), I get two kinds of error messages:

	"jffs2_check_nand_cleanmarker(): Cleanmarker node not detected
in block at X"
	"OOB at X was ...."  (lots of data, not all FF)
	"CLEANMARKER node found at X has totlen 0xc != normal 0x0"

OR

	"jffs2_check_nand_cleanmarker(): Cleanmarker node not detected
in block at X"
	"OOB at X was ...."  (lots of FF)

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to what I'm doing wrong.

I have 3 partitions: boot, backup and config, which I made using
mtdparts.  When I work with my nand device, I use 'nand erase clean',
which I thought would write the nand clean markers.  The jffs2 is
expecting nand clean markers at every 4K (0x1000) bytes.

I'm wondering if my mkfs.jffs2 command is wrong, or if my use of nand
erase is wrong, or if I need to specify something in either the kernel
or the u-boot config is wrong.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks for everyone's hard work making u-boot a great tool.

Regards,

Matt G.