[U-Boot-Users] different definition of struct bd_info between U-Boot and Linux

Linux OneAccess linux.oneaccess at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:11:42 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I was figuring out how to pass board info from U-Boot to Linux and
I saw that Linux references the bd_info structure.

I'm not sure, however, which definition to use:
In U-Boot, struct bd_info is defined in include/asm/u-boot.h
In Linux, it's defined in include/asm-ppc/ppcboot.h.

These two are somewhat different (different #ifdefs) which means
the first few members (RAM size and such) are the same, but from
then on it can diverge.

Furthermore, in Linux there are several boards that define their
own structure for this. Should we use the ppcboot.h definition,
or is it there an intention to push the u-boot.h to the Linux tree one day?

Thanks