[U-Boot-Users] [PATCH] fix compilation problem for mpc8349itx CFG_RAMBOOT
Nikita V. Youshchenko
yoush at debian.org
Wed May 23 22:13:43 CEST 2007
> > Please take a look at my MPC8349ITX.h to see the full extent of what I
> > was trying to do.
> Yes, I know what it does. Frankly, it's ugly.
I think that the original reason of such 'ugly' solutions is the usage of
singe macro (CONFIG_COMMANDS) with bit-fields. This is causing problems,
- it is nos scalable to manually define CONFIG_COMMANDS as a bitwise-or of
all needed CFG_CMD_* in each file under include/configs - because adding
new 'arch-independent' command in this case will require mo9dification of
all those files;
- so things as CONFIG_CMD_DFL become needed;
- but C preprocessor is has poor redefining capabilities - we can't just
redefine a macro using it's previous definition - so usage of
CONFIG_CMD_DFL causes issues like one being discussed.
A much better solution could be to have a macro-per-command.
In this case:
- command xxx could be compiled in, if CONFIG_CMD_XXX is defined, and not
compiled in if not defined;
- it could be easy to define/undefine such macros in config
But I don't think that such a change could be possible at the current stage
of u-boot development.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/attachments/20070524/32f49331/attachment.pgp
More information about the U-Boot