[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Thu May 24 15:34:32 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 03:03:39PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> IMHO a pretty good summary of the last state of the previous thread
> can be found here:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/26147
>
> In short:
>
> * the cmd_mem hooks should be removed and replaced by a new interface
> * the new interface will probably be similar to the NAND interface

Perhaps it would make sense build it on top of SPI interface. This way
one could read registers of other SPI peripherals (MMC cards etc).
I'm not sure how useful it can be. Anyway, implementing that for
dataflash seems pretty straightforward, so I'll code it.

> * both the process for the migration and the new command format
>   need to be discussed
> * there is no intention to remove functionality, nor to sabotage
>   anybody, but there is pending cleanup that needs to get done sooner
>   or later

It would be good to get at45.c patch merged first. It will make
maintaining changes much easier.

Best regards,
	ladis