[U-Boot-Users] Imminent u-boot-fdt pull request

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Fri May 25 17:58:33 CEST 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007 11:27:47 +0200
Wolfgang Grandegger <wg at grandegger.com> wrote:

> Kim Phillips wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 May 2007 00:06:06 -0400
> > Jerry Van Baren <gvb.uboot at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> Please review the u-boot-fdt changes.  I intend to request Wolfgang pull
> >> the pending changes soon.  All of the changes (except the last trivial
> >
> > I have properties being placed at the wrong level, timebase- and
> > bus-frequencies not being updated, there are multiple copies of the
> > code, and, it is hard to read - I saw a line length of 139!
>
> Could you be more specific, please? Preferably by adding comments to the

sorry, my comments were not specific, it's because the nature of the
problem as I see it is general, and I decided to send a quick note to
save Wolfgang from them ;)

> patch. And are these problems related to the patch?

This is current top-of-fdt-tree behaviour:

=> fdt addr $fdtaddr
=> fdt chosen
=> fdt print /cpus
cpus {
        clock-frequency=<1f78a400>;            // should be one level down
        #address-cells=<00000001>;
        #size-cells=<00000000>;
        PowerPC,8360 at 0 {
                device_type="cpu";
                reg=<00000000>;
                d-cache-line-size=<00000020>;
                i-cache-line-size=<00000020>;
                d-cache-size=<00008000>;
                i-cache-size=<00008000>;
                timebase-frequency=<00000000>;  // not updated
                bus-frequency=<00000000>;       // not updated
                clock-frequency=<00000000>;     // not updated, see above
                32-bit;
        };
};

I wouldn't call this quality material.

I'll post (specific) patches once I get a kernel booting, unless someone
beats me to it.

Kim