[U-Boot-Users] Imminent u-boot-fdt pull request

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri May 25 20:15:06 CEST 2007

Scott Wood wrote:
> Jerry Van Baren wrote:
>> FWIIW, that is in the (infamous) common/fdt_support.c.  It was adapted
>> from ft_build.c.  It looks like I lost a OF_CPU in the constructed
>> string when I was adapting.
>>
>> Original code:
>>          p = ft_get_prop(blob, "/cpus/" OF_CPU "/clock-frequency", &len);
>>
>> Comments:
>> 1) It looks like you are missing the OF_CPU definition, or I'm not
>> pulling in the right .h file
>
> What about doing a search for device_type = "cpu", rather than looking
> for a specific CPU name?  The Linux bootwrapper does it this way.  It
> also has the benefit of working when there's more than one CPU.
>
> -Scott

I deeply regret the confusion I caused by pushing the "Send" when I
meant to push "Write" to start a new, unrelated, message.  My updated
re-send, as you probably have figured out by now, is more coherent.

OF_CPU is defined in the board-specific header file, e.g.
configs/MPC8360EMDS.h, pulled in by config.h.  Since I am missing the
#include <config.h> in the two files being discussed, OF_CPU is
undefined and the string concatenation trick makes it silently disappear.

Best regards,
gvb