[U-Boot-Users] Question about CFG_ENV_ADDR during RAMBOOT

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat May 26 15:15:28 CEST 2007

In message <8r0FHjm57tdb.nQDcqRvm at mailout.dof.se> you wrote:

> => OK, then tell me how
>    to compare a 6 MB
>    file in flash with a 6MB
>    file in SDRAM when
>    your SDRAM is 8 MB.

How are you doing it now? By doing it in chunks of a reasonable size.

>    It is not desirable to transfer
>    20,000 bits between CPU
>    and dataflash when 100-200
>    are sufficient.
>    Personally I would like
>    everyone that did not
>    bother to read and under
>    stand the AT45 dataflash
>    datasheets to do so before
>    sending comments about
>    how the internal
>    implementation should look
>    like.

Note that we don't discuss inplementation yet. We just try to  define
an  API  that fits into the rest of U-Boot. Once we have an agreement
(or at least a decision), you are welcome to help  implementing  this
as efficiently as possible.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Veni, Vidi, VISA:
        I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.