[U-Boot-Users] Porting U-Boot on to Cogent CSB535FS

Txema Lopez tlopez at aotek.es
Wed May 30 15:54:06 CEST 2007

Midhun Agnihotram wrote:

> Hi Txema,
>
>  I got the patch and I have gone through the conversation - when you
> submitted the patch. But I did not really understand the "threats".
> What is all about.

The discussion was about how the patch must be done to be accepted and
more exactly where to put the porting related code in the U-Boot
directory tree.

> Is porting U-Boot to CSB535 not advised??

I don't think so. We have developped a CSB535 based custom board and
U-Boot is working fine.

> Or is it
> that there is more work to be done??

The patch has not support for USB, SD Card or CF, but you can launch a
linux kernel from flash or tftp.