[U-Boot-Users] bootcmd

Matt Gessner mgessner at Avidyne.com
Wed May 30 23:08:11 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to make my software field update process
robust.  Currently, my bootcmd is 'fsload 20000000 uImage; bootm
20000000'

Is there anyway for u-boot to determine, in one of these commands, that
some command failed, and to do something else instead?

For example, if I failed to load uImage, could I check for its
existence, and boot that instead?

My update process will copy the new image into the same partition as
uImage, as uImage.new, and then rename uImage to uImage.old, rename
uImage.new to uImage, and then delete uImage.old.

If something untoward should happen (like the idiot turns off the power
in the middle of the update), I'm wondering how I can have u-boot get
around this.

Thanks,

Matt