[U-Boot-Users] EABI Problem

Johannes Stezenbach js at sig21.net
Fri Nov 2 16:37:15 CET 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 04:02:48PM +0000, Russ Ferriday wrote:

> I'm new here.

me too ;-)

> In reference to this message:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=468E52A8.2040604%40rfo.atmel.com
>
> I've been down the same path as Philip and Patrice. Of course when I define
> 'CFG_NAND_LEGACY', U-Boot> mtdparts returns "support for NAND devices not
> present'.
>
> Is there another flag that I need to define to get a newer version of NAND
> support working?
>
> I'm building for KB9202B.

I don't know about NAND, but I had problems building KB9202B with
the CodeSourcery ARM EABI toolchain, too, solved like that:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=20071025161052.790841794%40sig21.net

I'm confused to see that the toplevel Makefile has

  # Add GCC lib
  PLATFORM_LIBS += -L $(shell dirname `$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -print-libgcc-file-name`) -lgcc

but then there are also libgcc replacement functions in lib_arm/.

Could someone knowledgable please fill me in what the goal is?

a) use libgcc and then work around issues like missing raise()
   and maybe also link libgcc_eh.a

b) don't use libgcc, provide necessary functions in lib_<arch>
   (like the Linux kernel does)

I'd be happy to cook up a corrected patch for KB9202B EABI toolchain
build support if I get some guidelines about what would be
acceptable for u-boot mainline.

Thanks,
Johannes