[U-Boot-Users] How is DRAM_BANKS defined

E Robertson e.robertson.svg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 21:19:18 CET 2007

Hi all,
I'm trying to determine if my memory configuration is correct.
How do I determine what CONFIG_NR_DRAM_BANKS should be, according to
the CPU or the DRAM chip?
My system has 32MB of DRAM but one BANK of my ARM CPU has a capacity
of 256MB. So that means CONFIG_NR_DRAM_BANKS is 1. However, my DRAM
chip is 4 banks (I'm using 2 chips each 1Meg x 16 x 4). So the
question is  how is "BANKS" defined in uboot?
For some reason, the my kernel thinks I have 16MB (even though meminfo
says 32MB) and I'm suspect the problem might be what the bootloader
passes to the kernel.

Thanks.