[U-Boot-Users] LinuxPostMortemAnalysis only smells like DEADBEEF

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Tue Nov 13 20:09:13 CET 2007

Hi!

I'm using an kernel 2.6.23.1 cuImage.85xx target and
an u-boot from last week's git (which seems to work fine)
on an mpc8540ads compatible board.

I just tried to follow:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis
because of no console output.

But no matter what address I try to figure out to
dump __log_buf, it seems that u-boot wipes my memory
during POST, so I cannot get anything @ __log_buf.

md 003b2ea8  (where my __log_buf points)
003b2ea8: deadbeef deadbeef deadbeef ........

I am pretty sure that only my console got stuck since
my harddisks (on PCI) seems to get initialized (some
noise and led activity from the HDDs) and the system
reboots automatically after approx. 180 seconds due
to the usual minor problems.

So, there are some questions:

Is u-boot wiping my memory during POST?

How can I disable that?

What are the default console settings to get a
console on ttyS0?

Regards,
--
Clemens Koller