[U-Boot-Users] What if eth_init() fails?

Upakul Barkakaty upakul at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 07:21:00 CET 2007

Hi all,

I observed that when the Ethernet initialization fails, it is not properly
halting the operation and exiting. On walking through the Networking files,
I saw that the eth_init() in eth.c either returns a 0 or 1. Now, in the
NetLoop() in net.c file, from where the eth_init() gets called, checks the
condition
if (eth_init(bd) < 0)
{
     eth_halt();
     return(-1);
}
which is thus never true.

Thus the network operation, never exits gracefully, if Ethernet init fails.

Any of you, have any clues about this??