[U-Boot-Users] udelay make at91sam9260 board freeze

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Nov 15 18:06:38 CET 2007

Hi Gonzague,

> Strange problem indeed.
> U-boot freeze when I do fatload instruction. After several investigation,
> the crash appear during the udelay instruction.....
> But if i replace the original code of udelay instruction by a simple for
> loop, it works....
> Any ideas ?

Does the board freeze or is it really a veerrry long delay?  I am
tempted to say it is the latter.  If you check the archives you will
see that there is always a mist of confusion around CFG_HZ and related
defines which udelay uses (cpu/arm920t/at91rm9200/interrupts.c).

So I suggest to check the values used there on your platform (CFG_HZ
should be 1000 btw.) and find out why udelay spins too long.  Having
done that, send a patch and rejoice!

Best wishes
  Detlev

--
System going down at 1:45 this afternoon for disk crashing.