[U-Boot-Users] u-boot-1.2.0/cpu/mpc8xx/i2c.c: problem in i2c_init when defining CFG_ALLOC_DPRAM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 17 02:31:22 CET 2007

In message <F1F6EC0C8B75034F9E3A79FC85122E8E2649F0 at aquib01a> you wrote:

> looking at the following code I think that dpram is not allocated if =
> iip->iic_rbase is not null and this happen in my case with an MPC880:

The exising code has probably only ever  been  used  with  the  older
members of the MPC8xx family (823, 850, 855, 860) and need fixing for
the newer ones like 880, 885 etc.

Patches are welcome (note that they must  work  with  both  types  of
preocessors, then).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
miracle:  an  extremely  outstanding  or  unusual  event,  thing,  or
accomplishment.                                - Webster's Dictionary