[U-Boot-Users] uboot clock configuration on mpc5200 boards

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Wed Nov 21 14:41:11 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 02:00:42PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > How do you handle the fact that device trees do not cover the whole
> > system, i.e. chips behind SPI and I2C busses?
>
> The  device  tree  is  supposed  to  contain  a   complete   hardware
> description, i. e. including devices attached to such busses.

Yes, it is supposed to, but reality is different. Ok, so we have to
double-code everything until the world has achieved perfectionism.

> [How do you handle this with an ARM machine ID? ;-) ]

Well, we don't have to. Linux has a driver model which handles all this
once you know the machine. No need to duplicate everything. Redundancy
is generally a bad thing.

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9