[U-Boot-Users] PHY library?

Andy Fleming afleming at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 21:46:14 CET 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 10:49 AM, Ben Warren <bwarren at qstreams.com> wrote:
> Jon Loeliger wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 09:01, Ben Warren wrote:
> >

> >> Absolutely. In fact, I'm working on one right now... Access methods to
> >> PHYs are currently common (miiphybb.c and miiphyutil.c) but there's no
> >> reason why the TSEC, UCC and other drivers should have hard wiring for
> >> individual PHY devices. Any design suggestions you or others have are
> >> welcome.

 [...]
> There will be much blatant ripping-off of Andy's fine library.

Excellent.  It was on my personal to-do list, but I'm still bogged
down in other tasks.  So I second the "Go Ben Go!" sentiment!

If I had one potentially non-obvious design request it's that the PHYs
be accessible by board code, too.  There are a number of boards that
have specific demands on the PHYs.  I suspect you've already got that,
though, since it's currently possible. :)

Andy