[U-Boot-Users] Fallback kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 26 09:47:42 CET 2007

In message <474A7B02.9090008 at coritel.it> you wrote:

> I'm using two Linux kernel a fallback (safe) kernel and a kernel
> downloaded in flash via ethernet. I'd like that u-boot starts the
> downloaded kernel, if this kernel fails for more than N times uboot
> starts the fallback. Is there already something like in uboot or how can
> I do that?

U-Boot supports the "bootcount" variable to implement the Boot  Count
Limit  feature  (see  CGL  Requirements  Definition).  However,  this
requires  a  little  processor  specific  support  which  so  far  is
available only on few CPUs (but trivial to add where missing).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you can't beat it or corrupt it, you pretend it was your  idea  in
the first place.                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_