[U-Boot-Users] AMCC440SPe & PCI Express

kans kannappan at tesbv.com
Mon Nov 26 12:02:14 CET 2007

Hello,

I am using u-boot 1.3.0-rc3 for my custom 440SPE board and configured PCIE1
as endpoint.

After configuring the KATMAI board as RC(running Linux), I am able to
establish the link between KATMAI and my board.

I have few doubts here.

1. CFG space (OUTBOUND BAR4) is mentioned as 512MB minimum.  But the CFGMSK
register says it can start from 128 Bytes.  Using lesser values from 512MB
creates Machine Check exception.

2. I have set PIMEN as 0x1.  ie. Enable access for BAR0(I have set
PIM01SAL/H for 1MB).  The Katmai board views BAR0(1MB memory), BAR2 as IO,
and BAR4 as Memory. It doesnt assign any addresses to BAR2 and BAR4.  Also I
have not enabled any IO space in my custom board.

Please let me know for
1.  Why there are Machine check exceptions using lesser values in CFG(less
than 512MB)?
2.  Why other BARs are getting enabled?

--
Kans