[U-Boot-Users] Hi, I am new to U-Boot, how do I get started?

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Mon Nov 26 20:26:40 CET 2007

Ing.Gianfranco Morandi (portatile) wrote:
>> hi all
>>
>> Hi, I am new to U-Boot, how do I get started? i need to port the
>> U-Boot to the QUICC board of motorola having mc68360 cpu,and it looks
>> like U-Boot does not support mc68360...so please tell me how do i
>> start??
>>

> The mpc68360 is too old to be used in a new develpment. I suggest you to
> change processor.

The 360 may be old but is by no means dead...  I can't imagine that
Yusuf or anyone else is planning on using it in a greenfield design, but
there are several scenarios where using an older processor makes sense.
Telling people to switch processors is a simplistic waste of bandwidth.

Anyway, Yusuf:

Here's a link to a patch that was submitted by *Ilya* *Matvejchikov*.  I
can't vouch for it personally, but it may be helpful:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/25063

regards,
Ben