[U-Boot-Users] Problem using cfi_flash driver for s29GL512N flashes

Santigopal Mondal Santigopal_Mondal at mindtree.com
Tue Nov 27 21:48:28 CET 2007

Hi Stephan ,
 Thanks for your help. The same problem remains with the upgraded version
also.

 Is it something to do with the TEXT_BASE. The probelm is the data for
environment is written to flash properly. But when it checks for crc in
env_init() the crc32 function fails. the env_ptr->crc is correct.

 The environment sector when allocated in malloc area in main memory seems to
get corrupted because the crc field does not seem to be correct.

 the Ram is 32 MB
 TEXT_BASE 21F00000
 CFG_GBL_DATA_SIZE 128
 CFG_ENV_ADDR (CFG_FLASH_BASE + 0x20000)
 CFG_ENV_SIZE 0x2000
 CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE 0x20000
 CONFIG_STACKSIZE (32 * 1024)
 CFG_MALLOC_LEN (CFG_ENV_SIZE + 128*1024)

 thanks & regards
 santi gopal

Santi Gopal Mondal
Senior Engineer, R&D Services