[U-Boot-Users] CFI flash polling for AMD/SPANSION?

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Wed Nov 28 16:24:04 CET 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:03:48 +0100
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> I think the CFI driver needs some basic  rework  to  get  ridof  such
> pointer  accesses and use proper accessor functions/macros instead to
> make sure we have all the memory barriers etc. we may need.

I happen to have a patch lying around which does exactly that, in
addition to a few other cleanups.

Stefan, if you could push out all the stuff you have pending to the CFI
custodian tree, I can rebase my stuff on top of that and submit for
review.

> > It looks like it just uses DQ6/toggle if I'm reading the code correctly.
>
> Note that Linux calls a (map)->write() function to access the flash.

Only if CONFIG_MTD_COMPLEX_MAPPINGS=y. Otherwise, it uses
__raw_write[bwl].

Haavard