[U-Boot-Users] AT91SAM9260-EK: Trying to load U-Boot env from NAND

Destrukto simon.bielmann at gmx.ch
Thu Nov 29 10:59:41 CET 2007

Hello, this is my first post in this Forum and my English is not very good so
I give my best to describe my problem.

I have a AT91SAM9260 eval kit board and until now there were not very much
problem. But what stops me now is a really tough problem. I use the
Bootstraploader for NAND boot which is compiled by Atmel in the Demo. I've
compiled the U-Boot by my self and its starts without problem, but what get
on my nerves is that I can't write the U-Boot env over .tcl file. To explain
that, I load everything, just like it is done in the demo, with this batch-
and .tcl-file. So, I've checked the checksum for the env's but everytime I
uploaded it and trying to boot I get this:

U-Boot 1.1.5 (Nov  2 2006 - 10:20:33)

DRAM:  64 MB
NAND:  NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xec, Chip ID: 0xda (<NULL> NAND 256MiB
3,3V 8-bit)
256 MiB
DataFlash:AT45DB642
Nb pages:   8192
Page Size:   1056
Size= 8650752 bytes
Logical address: 0xD0000000
Area 0: D0000000 to D0003FFF (RO)
Area 1: D0004000 to D0007FFF
Area 2: D0008000 to D0037FFF (RO)
Area 3: D0038000 to D083FFFF
*** Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
DM9161A PHY Detected
End of Autonegociation
U-Boot>
U-Boot>
U-Boot> printenv
bootdelay=3
baudrate=115200
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial

Environment size: 69/131068 bytes
U-Boot>

I checked the env (nand read to copy them in the RAM and md to hae a look at
them) and they're still correct. Well, I could write the env every by hand
that would work but if you have to do this 20 times a day and you have
really much to write this wouldn't be very funny.

So I hope I haven't forget anything, but if there is any question I will try
to answer.

Greets, Destrukto