[U-Boot-Users] API for serial functions

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Oct 1 12:54:23 CEST 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <200710010541.29574.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:
> > speed and lose a few bytes in code size :)
>
> Reduce code size? To me it seems the changes you described above would
> take more code.

the current code checks the hardware before sending the byte to the uart and
then waits for it to drain ... i was looking at having just one check.  but i
guess you could argue that in theory, no byte should get into the uart that
didnt come through serial_putc(), so the initial check is over kill and can
be dropped
-mike